SFCR Racers to collect for disaster relief Saturday night

Millsey

UPDATED INFORMATION:
Some of our racers, in particular Jason Shipman of Complete Auto Recycling Service and David Boyd of Elite Financial of Farmington, have organized an effort to collect and then personally take items for the Gulf Coast disaster victims this Saturday night at SFCR. People are urged to take things like baby formula and diapers that will be collected at the front gate by Chris' wife Tracy. Then at intermission, the drivers will be coming into the crowd and passing helmets.
From what I understand, Wal-mart has agreed to let them buy items at their cost to take down there. Jason is providing the trucks, fuel and the drivers to take the items to Louisiana.
Anyone who would like to make a donation can take items to Elite Financial in Suite 116 in Liberty Hall in Farmington; at C.A.R.S. on old hwy 67 between Farmington and Leadington; Goodson Realty in Leadington; Wild River on W highway just outside Farmington towards Doe Run; and Mineral Area Office Supply in Park Hills. You can also make money donations at First State Community Bank (make checks payable to: For Benefit of Operation Blessing).
VOLUNTEERS are needed at 11 a.m. Sunday morning to help pack and wrap the items to be sent on pallets. Those volunteers should go to C.A.R.S. Sunday morning. For more information 747-3005...
WAY TO GO GUYS!!!

After talikng with Tracy in addition to baby items, toilet paper, femine items, bottled water, canned goods (pull top lids) remember there'e no electricity. Veinna Sausages, beannie wennies, etc. We truley appreciate any help you can give. If you are unable to make it but would still like to donate please feel free to contact one of us.

Please remember to keep Tracy & Petey Koening & Family in you prayers. Petey is scheduled to leave Tuesday. God Bless Petey!! We're Proud of YOU!!

Dawn Mathes

Great Jesture...

WOW, what can you say?? What a wonderful justure it is for these two guys to step-up and voluntere to do this. It goes to show that our racing community does consist of a wonderful group of caring people. i don't know either of these gentlemen personaly but, my hats off to both of them. I would also like to encourage each and evry fan in the stands to bring some type of donation, i know i will!!:)

this is great as i sit and watch all the tv shows i cant help but cry when i see what all those poor people are going through. i laid in bed last night wondering what i could do to help. i could send money but i always wondered how much money really goes to the people and i didnt know where to ship anything. this is great one person may not be able to make a difference but a whole community can in a situation like this. i am so happy that chris and billy and the other racers are doing this. thanks so much for this it makes me feel better knowing that i am going to be able to help in some way. Pete you will be in our prayers and we are so very pround of you and all our soldiers over there. thanks chris and tracy and all that is involved. may god be with you all and bless the USA.

Millsey/ Racewidow

If I send baby food cpns down there can someone get to the store and buy it? We will be out of town and impossible to connect with foods! P.M. you guys with an address to send these to ASAP !!!!
Hope we can help ! And remember it's BEECH - NUT BABY FOODS !!!!!

WOW!!!! What a great racing community we have. Pete and Tracy you are in our Prayer and Pete we love you and thanks for all your sacrifices for us. C-ya all Saturday and remember to keep all of those who are involved in this in your prayers and those who are serving our country as well.

Dirtgirl, you and those coupons are awesome!! Can ANYONE get the coupons and shop for them or get hold of Tracy to see if she can? I work my regular gig on Saturday, then Sunday at the Silver Lake picnic, and then regular job again on Monday. SORRY!!

Also, thinking about it - not sure if they'd come through the postal service in time to anyone south of Festus. All mail south of that goes from St. Louis to Cape Girardeau and now Sikeston too, so that adds more time.

Anyone close to Festus willing/able to pick them up from Lisa or something?

I PMed dirtgirl a phone number to get in touch with Tracy (hope I spelled that right, girl). Between the two, they'll get it figured out.

FARMINGTON, Mo. -- (Sept. 1, 2005) Racing families in the St. Francois County area have joined together to help out with the Gulf Coast disaster relief efforts. Jason Shipman of Complete Auto Recycling Service (C.A.R.S.) and David Boyd of Elite Financial are leading the group's drive.
Saturday night the racers will be going through the stands passing their helmets seeking donations for the hurricane ravaged people of the Gulf Coast. They will also be accepting non-perishable food items at the front gate from anyone who would like to drop them off.
"Jason (Shipman) is not only providing the trucks to drive the items donated to Louisiana he's also providing the drivers and the fuel," said St. Francois County Raceway public relations director Jeff Mills. "He and David (Boyd) will be leaving sometime on Sunday to get the items directly into the hands of the people who need it."
Money collected Saturday night will go to purchase non-perishable items at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Farmington, who is allowing the items to be purchased at their cost.
Donations are also going to be taken Saturday night at Big River Sand Drags in Bonne Terre. Other collection points through Saturday include Goodson Realty in Leadington, Wild River on Highway "W" west of Farmington, Mineral Area Office Supply in Park Hills and Elite Financial in Suite 116 of Liberty Hall in Farmington.
Volunteers are needed at 11 a.m. Sunday morning at C.A.R.S. to help pack and wrap the pallets for shipping.
Anyone wishing to make a monetary donation can contact any First State Community Bank and make donations payable to: For Benefit of Operation Blessing.
For more information on this local effort phone (573) 747-3005.

How much more can one family give like the "Koenig's"! Pete has almost been home for 6 months and is leaving once again for his country,leaving his loved ones and friends behind. Tracie ,Katie and Petie,you all our in our hearts and prayers,for what you all have gave up for this country. I don't think that the TRACK has given "Pete" the reconigation that he deserves,that's why I haven't been on here,just had to speak my peace!!! How many of you would risk your life for this country?? Leave your family and friends and maybe not to see them again!!!! Pete,Tracie,Katie and Petie, "God Bless You All" for what your giving up!!! I'll pray to God to give you the strenght to get you though this.

Awwwwwwwwwww CW we got him through Iraq we can get him though the New Orleans ordeal.........

But, I do agree Trac, and the kids have given over and above their fair share in 2005.

Hang in there Peteeeeeeeeee once again.

It breaks my heart to see the devasation down there.

Josh and I have been working close with the Portable Toilet Sanitation Assoc we have sent pallets of toilet paper and we are getting a number of portable toilets we could spare to send south for LA, MS, or Alabama. I had heard today there was over 100,000 portable toilets headed south and that is just a start. They will need 10 x that many for 90,000 miles of devasation.

Millsey....Let's all get together and do something, we can use the web as the organizers and just see what we can do ourselves to help these people. I know I'm willing to put in money and time to make it happen,and I'm sure others will be too. Can we see what we can do????? nate 29 mentioned a car show @ Baileys, what do you think of that and selling hot dogs, soda ect. We could also collect used items such as clothing, personals,toys,things like that to be taken there.:rolleyes:

Well they are going to be passing helmets tonight and collecting non-perishible goodies at the entrance, I would say get behind that effort as much as humanly possible!!

Back